Goo developments continue. I've written a file finder for quickly finding Things in GooSpace. Here is a screen shot.
The motivations for this are:
- reduce context switching - I need to jump from the Care-O-Meter to the underlying files as quickly as possible
- reduce the need to navigate hierarchical directories - no more up, down, up, up, down and all the context switching that entails - just jump to the file I want!
- simplify the .goo configuration files - we now no longer need to store locations per Thing
- quickly resolve filename clashes that are found in multiple locations
- gracefully handle mapping Perl::Module::Names to the underlying file
In the next week I hope to hook up with elinks so I can find a file and then edit it in place and then jump back to the Care-O-Meter.